Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2.0f3
Fixed in 5.6.X, 2017.1.X, 2017.2.X
MaterialPropertyBlock does not affect values for Meta pass when using on terrain mesh in Realtime GI
1. Download and open attached "Case 127141 - MaterialPropBlock_vs_MetaShaderPass.zip" project.
2. Open "test" scene.
3. Change Editor scene shading mode to be "Lit Clustering".
4. Generate Lighting in the scene.
5. Enter Game mode.
6. Get back to the scene view.
7. Select "Plane" game object and alter the SetMaterialPropBlock component tint color of that object.
8. Notice that changing the tint color changes "Plane" object's mesh color.
9. Select "-> Terrain <-" game object and alter the SetMaterialPropBlock component tint color of that object.
Expected result: Selected color reflects on a terrain mesh in the scene view just like "Plane" mesh.
Actual result: Meta pass is not updated. Terrain's mesh does not change its color according to the Albedo Tint pallete.
Reproduced with: 2017.3.0a2, 2017.2.0b5, 2017.1.0p2, 5.6.3f1.
Notes: Couldn't test on earlier versions because of script errors. Everything works correctly on Plane mesh, so it can be used as a reference to correct behavior.
- Issue has been introduced because of API change. It used to work before DynamicGI.UpdateMaterials() API was deprecated.
Verified with: 2017.3.0b9, 2017.1.2p4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Construct matrix block disappears, and other bugs and exceptions related to it show when opening/running project
- New browser tab is not created when trying to open Package Manager hyperlinks by holding the Ctrl key and pressing the left mouse button
- [Mobile] NavigationSubmitEvent is not being triggered when the submit button is pressed on a mobile keyboard
- Materials render incorrect color when using the "require native16bit" pragma directive
- GUIUtility.hotControl controlID value does not change when clicking with the Left Mouse Button