Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.1.X, 2019.2.X
Material and Sorting Layer fields of Sprite Renderer Component do not show Prefab Overrides in Inspector
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's project and scene "SampleScene"
2. Select "GameObject (all modified)" from the Hierarchy Window to view it in the Inspector
3. Observe the Material and Sorting Layer fields in Inspector
Expected result: blue prefab override indicators are present on the left. Right-clicking on these fields and pressing "Revert" works
Actual result: blue lines indicating Prefab Instance overrides for these fields are missing, cannot revert these fields by right-clicking and pressing "Revert"
Reproducible with: 2018.3.5f1, 2019.1.0b2, 2019.2.0a4
Not reproducible with: 2018.3.0a5 and older (no prefab overrides)
Note: the selected GameObject had all of its fields modified, however, only the Material and Sorting Layer fields do not show the overrides. Overriding and reverting the entire Prefab from the GameObject instance still works.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Description of the Surface Effector 2D "Use Contact Force" option contains a typo
- Incorrect Burst Exception Control Flow in Editor due to Mono Handling of calli instruction
- [Linux] Packman options to add package from Git URL doesn't always show the window directly below the + button
- "UnityEngine.SystemInfo.processorFrequency" logs a value of 0 on M1 macs
- Editor redirects to a broken page when pressing question mark "?" in the Inspector window