Search Issue Tracker
[macOS] Unity hangs while building when BuildOption 'ShowBuiltPlayer' is enabled and 'Maximize' button's menu in Finder is open
How to reproduce:
1. Download and extract the attached project '1360959.zip'
2. Make a shell script that builds the project 3 times ([Unity_path] -projectPath [project_path] -executeMethod [build_method] -buildTarget android -silent-crashes -batchmode -logfile - -quit)
3. Open Terminal and run the shell script
4. Open a Finder window and hover the mouse over the green 'Maximize' button in the Menu bar (don't move the mouse for the whole build process)
5. After builds are finished, wait a few seconds and observe logs in the Terminal
Expected results: A new Finder window is opened, there is no error message in the Terminal and the process does not hang
Actual results: No new Finder window opens, the console shows 'Application com.apple.finder didn't return pasteboard data in time' error message and the process hangs
Reproducible with: 2019.4.34f1, 2020.3.25f1, 2021.2.7f1, 2022.1.0b2
- A new finder window with built project opens only when the 'Maximize' button's menu is closed
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Input Field ignores first keyboard input when calling Focus() from code
- GC Alloc when using Graphics.RenderMeshInstanced
- [VFX Graph][URP] VFX crashes on URP when dragging VFX asset to the Hierarchy window
- InvalidOperationException when using AsyncGPUReadback.RequestIntoNativeArray
- Generated Entities look different when Depth Priming Mode is changed
Resolution Note (2022.2.X):
We suspect is by design, but we have no resource to investigate and prove it. It's a low priority corner case.