Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
Unity crashes with "Segmentation fault: 11" or "Bus error: 10" when launching with -batchmode followed by -projectPath
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity project ending with '.Unity' (i.e. MyProject.Unity)
2. Open the Mac Terminal Utility
3. Launch Unity with '-batchmode' Command line argument followed by '-projectPath' and '-quit'
Expected result: Unity launches and closes successfully
Actual result: 'Segmentation fault: 11' or 'Bus error: 10' errors are displayed in the Terminal
Reproducible with: 2017.1.4p2, 2017.2.3p2, 2017.4.7f1, 2018.1.8f1, 2018.2.0f2, 2018.3.0a5
Placing the '-batchmode' argument after the '-projectPath' argument prevents the issue from happening
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Interactions] Some Interactions don't have the correct startTime, time and duration in callbackContext.
- [Interactions] InputAction.CallbackContext.interaction does not hold the correct value, when it is set to Default.
- [Editor] When Preference window is open, exiting Playmode generates NullReferenceException.
- [Addressables] Models have deformations when they are imported from AssetBundle and Play Mode Script is set to Packed Play mode
- The error of " 'Light' does not contain a definition for 'SetLightDirty' " when building the project