Search Issue Tracker
[macOS] Menu bar items do not respond to keyboard input
Menu bar items/entries do not respond to user's keyboard input.
On Windows it works as expected.
On Mac it selects a random entry.
On Linux it does not select anything.
1. Create a New Project
2. Open any menu bar item, for example, Assets
3. Try to select "Refresh" item by clicking 'R' button on a keyboard twice
Expected behavior: "Refresh" is selected.
Actual behavior: random item is selected.
Reproduced with: 2017.3.0b1, 5.5.5f1, 5.3.8f1.
The MacOS Menu Bar doesn't function as described in the repro steps: "Try to select "Refresh" item by clicking 'R' button on a keyboard twice".
According to the official Apple documentation (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204434):
Jump to a menu item in the selected menu - Type the menu item's name
Although cycling through menu items by just pressing the first letter of the item's name does sometimes work, it's not the officially supported way. You can see this behavior in other apps, e.g. Chrome: open the "File" menu and press 'N' to try and cycle between "New Tab", "New Window", etc. and you'll find it doesn't work.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Handles.Button doesn't allow camera rotation when mouse hovering over the button
- Animator Blend Tree throws warnings when typing a decimal value to Animation Speed field
- Any Shader's Help/Reference button in the top-most Inspector component links to missing documentation page
- ParticleSystemRenderer BakeTrailsMesh produces a trail mesh with additional tail vertices which lead to a pivot of the object
- Profiler's Raw Hierarchy/Timeline toolbar/panel cannot be resized when the Profiler window is resized and high resolution / DPI