Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.1
[macOS] Input from USB mouse disables further touchpad input in Input.GetAxis on MacBooks
If the cursor is moved with a USB mouse, Input.GetAxis("Mouse X") and Input.GetAxis("Mouse Y") return 0 if the cursor is moved with the built-in touchpad afterwards. If mouse isn't moved, using the touchpad returns expected values.
Steps to reproduce:
- Make sure you have a USB mouse connected to the MacBook (wired, not Bluetooth).
1) Open the latest attached project.
2) Press play.
3) Without moving the mouse, swipe across the touchpad.
- Notice the Input.GetAxis values changing on the screen.
4) Move the mouse around a bit.
5) Swipe on the touchpad again.
The input values do not change - if the USB mouse is moved, no further input from the touchpad is registered with Input.GetAxis. This does not occur on Windows laptops. Happens in the Editor and on standalone builds.
5.6.0a2, 5.4.2p4, 5.2.4f1
MacBook Pro Early 2013 and MacBook Pro Mid 2015 + Gigabyte GM-M6800
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [XR][Vulkan] LWRP using stereo instancing renders to only one eye when SRP batcher is enabled
- Unity Unit Tests process terminated in CLI mode because of XR Manager
- Resetting a Preset removes its type and renders it useless
- [LWRP] Add to list button gives empty list when trying to add features to the Forward Renderer
- Inspector blinks / flickers once when Inspector is visible, any object from the Hierarchy is selected and a script is recompiled