Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.1
[macOS] Input from USB mouse disables further touchpad input in Input.GetAxis on MacBooks
If the cursor is moved with a USB mouse, Input.GetAxis("Mouse X") and Input.GetAxis("Mouse Y") return 0 if the cursor is moved with the built-in touchpad afterwards. If mouse isn't moved, using the touchpad returns expected values.
Steps to reproduce:
- Make sure you have a USB mouse connected to the MacBook (wired, not Bluetooth).
1) Open the latest attached project.
2) Press play.
3) Without moving the mouse, swipe across the touchpad.
- Notice the Input.GetAxis values changing on the screen.
4) Move the mouse around a bit.
5) Swipe on the touchpad again.
The input values do not change - if the USB mouse is moved, no further input from the touchpad is registered with Input.GetAxis. This does not occur on Windows laptops. Happens in the Editor and on standalone builds.
5.6.0a2, 5.4.2p4, 5.2.4f1
MacBook Pro Early 2013 and MacBook Pro Mid 2015 + Gigabyte GM-M6800
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- (Asset DB v1) Deleted Metadata is re-imported based on asset (as opposed to on default behaviour) created off
- [GraphView] Nodes are displayed white on Linux
- [Interactions] Some Interactions don't have the correct startTime, time and duration in callbackContext.
- [Interactions] InputAction.CallbackContext.interaction does not hold the correct value, when it is set to Default.
- Video is not fitted into the screen vertically when Aspect Ratio "Fit Vertically" or "Fit Inside" is selected