Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
[MacOS] Hovering the mouse on ProBuilder window's buttons regains focus on the Unity Editor
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "proBuilder_0a23.zip"
2. In the Menu bar, go to Tools > ProBuilder > ProBuilder Window and dock the newly opened window anywhere in the Unity Editor
3. Open any other application on Mac
4. Without clicking, hover the mouse cursor over the ProBuilder window's buttons
Expected result: Editor stays unfocused
Actual result: Editor regains focus
Reproducible with: 2020.1.0a23, 2020.1.0b14, 2020.2.0a15
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.24f1, 2019.4.2f1, 2020.1.0a22
Reproduced with macOS Catalina Version 10.15.5
Not reproducible on Windows 10
Feb 22, 2021 15:46
Version 2020.2.3f1 - bug still not fixed. When I switch window to other application (for example Chrome) hovering in specific places changes focus to unity editor.
Jan 21, 2021 11:27
This is not fixed in 2020.2.1f1.
1. Cover the Unity window with a different application.
2. Wiggle the mouse over the area where the Probuilder window is hidden. Unity grabs focus.
It even happens when Unity is set to fullscreen.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Pausing a Visual Effect doesn't pause the “Multiply size over life” effect in the Update Block
- Wheel Colliders aren't detecting collision
- [VFX Graph] VFX graph is still dark when using Light Mode
- The Rotation of Child GameObject with the Interpolating RigidBody is set to a random number when changing the Rotation of Parent GameObject
- [Shader Graph] Shader graph is still dark when using Light Mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixes ProBuilder window stealing focus on MacOS. Also ensures Application.isFocused only returns true in the Editor when GameView is focused (as is the documented behavior). Fixed in: 2020.2.0a21