Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
[MacOS] Editor crashes on _platform_strlen when running tests that use Application.temporaryCachePath with sudo
How to reproduce:
1. Extract the attached project ('BugReport.zip')
2. Open the Terminal and run the following command: sudo "Unity path" -projectPath "Project path"
3. Open the Test Runner window (Window -> General -> Test Runner)
4. While in EditMode press 'Run All'
Reproducible with: 2019.4.25f1, 2020.3.6f1, 2021.1.5f1, 2021.2.0a15
Could not test with: 2018.4.35f1 (doesn't crash but doesn't generate the results file)
First lines of the stack trace:
0x007fff2080f552 in _platform_strlen
0x0000010786a7bf in systeminfo::GetTemporaryCachePath()
0x000001041eb10f in GetTemporaryCachePathApplicationSpecific()
0x0000010508d656 in Application_Get_Custom_PropTemporaryCachePath()
- issue doesn't reproduce when running the command without sudo (using 2019.4, 2020.3, 2021.1), however, 2021.2.0a15 crashes with or without sudo
- 2021.2.0a15 crashes with a different stack trace, so it might be a different issue
- The crash doesn't occur when using any Unity version on Windows
- Not reproducible using Application.persistentDataPath 2019.4, 2020.3, 2021.1 but reproducible 2021.2.0a15
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform