Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X
Editor crashes on mono_log_write_logfile when attaching a debugger and then setting a breakpoint
1. Open the attached project "case_1231344_repro.zip"
2. Enter Play mode
3. Open any script with Visual Studio 2019
4. Click on "Attach to Unity"
5. Set a breakpoint anywhere
6. If necessary, press "Switch to debug mode" in the Unity Editor and repeat the steps
-- Observe the crash
Reproduces on: 2019.3.11f1, 2020.1.0b8, 2020.2.0a10
Could not test with 2018.4 due to multiple compilation errors
- an assertion appears before the crash - "* Assertion at metadata.c:1117, condition `idx < t->rows' not met"
- reproduced both with Visual Studio 2019 and Rider
First 5 lines of the stack trace:
#0 0x007fff7281d7fa in __pthread_kill
#1 0x007fff727a4a1c in abort
#2 0x000001608f2f02 in mono_log_write_logfile
#3 0x00000160906f0c in monoeg_g_logv
#4 0x000001609070b1 in monoeg_assertion_message
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor crashes when loading RenderDoc with Graphics API set to OpenGLES2 or OpenGLES3
- [Windows] Development Build with no scenes shows a purple screen when using OpenGLES3 graphics API
- Shader variants take too much memory at runtime
- [HDRP][VFX] Output mesh with default shader is incorrectly sorted before the HDRP fog
- Error "'GamepadSpeakerOutputType' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine'" occurs in the Console when building a project