Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.X
[macOS] Controller input does not work on macOS Standalone builds
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open the attached project.
2) Build for macOS.
3) Connect a controller (PS4 or Xbox will do).
4) Run the build.
5) Press buttons on the controller.
Expected result: the pressed buttons are displayed.
Actual result: controller input is not registered.
This only happens on standalone builds - controller works fine on the Editor.
Did not reproduce:
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
- Colors on images become darker when enabling "Vertex Color Always in Gamma Color Space"
Sep 10, 2018 12:21
Im Using Unity 2018.2.7f1 (just updated from 2017)
And have the same bug. . works in Editor, not in builds.
Aug 14, 2018 02:53
This is actually fixed in Unity 2018.2.3f1.
Aug 06, 2018 19:31
Despite this earlier claim of "Fixed in 2018.2", this is not fixed in the just-released 2018.2.2f1. Controllers still do not work in Mac builds.
Aug 06, 2018 10:27
Yes, still not fixed in Unity 2018.2.2f1. Will raise another bug report and reference this as incorrectly fixed.
Jul 30, 2018 12:35
This is not fixed and still happening on Unity2018.2.1
Jul 30, 2018 09:18
Im am having the same issue. Glad I found this. I was going nuts trying to debug it. Tried with a wired Xbox controller, a Logitech F310, and Logitech Dual Action. Fine in editor, no input on build. Running mac os 10.13.6, unity 2018.2.1f1
Jul 30, 2018 06:25
Seeing the same in 2018.2.1f1 with Logitech F310. Why is this flagged as fixed in 2018.2?
Jul 27, 2018 12:50
Same here. I raised this as an issue without seeing this bug. Unity QA team have notified me that the issue and example project I raised will be folded into this bug report. Issue I experienced is identical except I'm using a PS3 controller.