Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Game stops running on Mac when Cmd-Tabbed
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached "Temp.zip" project
2. Have a stopwatch ready
3. Press play on the editor and start the stopwatch at the same time
4. Cmd+Tab between two other applications a couple of times on fullscreen and let it sit for a while (up to 2 minutes should be enough)
5. Go back to Unity and observe the counter having fewer seconds than the stopwatch
Expected outcome: If Unity runs in the background it should do it reliably
Actual outcome: It counts seconds up to a certain point and then stops
Only reproduced on MacOS
Reproduced on: 5.5.4p1, 5.6.2p1, 2017.1.0f3, 2017.2.0b2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Jun 10, 2020 11:26
Thanks for sharing the valuable information for us. The game stops running on mac when cmd-tabbed. You gave a step by step instruction for this issue and east yo understand. I think the steps will help me to fix this issue. https://www.truecbdreview.com Can you please share this kind of info?
Jan 06, 2020 05:24
This post is sharing the steps to reproduce the stopping of games running on Mac when CMD-tabbed. I always get solutions for my problems here. That's why I use this site regularly for solving my problems. https://privatetoursofdc.com/ Thanks to you for your help.