Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
[Mac] Crash in Compute Shader where adding the same faulty code used to give an Error
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open user-attached project
2. Open file "00_LODBitonicSortingCS"
3. Add the following code right before "Data[DTid.x] = shared_data[GI];" (screenshot attached)
if (DTid.x >= 2050)
Actual result: the shader code crashes upon recompiling
Expected result: an error is thrown like in pre-2018.1 versions (screenshot attached)
Reproduced with: 2018.1.0a3, 2018.1.1f1, 2018.2.0f1, 2018.3.0a4
Not reproduced with: 2017.1.1f1, 2017.4.7f1, 2018.1.0a2
Note: opening a project containing a file with the said code will either result the import process to crash (stack in the comments) or to freeze
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor redirects to a broken page when pressing question mark "?" in the Inspector window
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants
- Prefab copies are generated every frame and exceptions are thrown when its dragged into the Scene view
- "IndexOutOfRangeException" errors appear when entering Play Mode if using "AsDeferredJobArray"