Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
[Mac] Crash in Compute Shader where adding the same faulty code used to give an Error
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open user-attached project
2. Open file "00_LODBitonicSortingCS"
3. Add the following code right before "Data[DTid.x] = shared_data[GI];" (screenshot attached)
if (DTid.x >= 2050)
Actual result: the shader code crashes upon recompiling
Expected result: an error is thrown like in pre-2018.1 versions (screenshot attached)
Reproduced with: 2018.1.0a3, 2018.1.1f1, 2018.2.0f1, 2018.3.0a4
Not reproduced with: 2017.1.1f1, 2017.4.7f1, 2018.1.0a2
Note: opening a project containing a file with the said code will either result the import process to crash (stack in the comments) or to freeze
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- String array data is lost when one of the strings starts with a colon symbol
- Unable to import NuGet packages Microsoft.Bcl.AsyncInterfaces, System.Threading.Tasks.Extensions cannot be loaded correctly
- Backgrounds of Editor windows are changed to a texture when method ImageConversion.LoadImage is called
- OnApplicationQuit method is called before Application.wantsToQuit event is raised
- Lightmapper is slow when using "Always Refresh"