Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
[LWRP]LWRP + SPS + Render Texture causes Editor to crash or Editor GUI to disappear
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new project with LWRP VR template
2. Create a camera that renders to a render texture
3. Enter Playmode
Result: editor windows glitch out(vid included in edit)
-On user submitted project, it crashes entirely
-When I disabled the Oculus sensors in Device Manager, I was able to get a crash on a new project setup with steps above
The crash was caused by using a render texture with an anti-aliasing sample count that was too high. The user's project used a render texture with 8 samples while LWRP appears to have a maximum of 4 samples. Running this project in 2018.2 would cause the editor to crash. A warning regarding render texture anti-aliasing sampling has been added in 2018.3 on the camera inspector when using LWRP. This issue seems to be completely resolved in 2018.3 with no change to the user's project. The user's project worked as expected in 2018.2 after making the required changes to the render texture.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- String array data is lost when one of the strings starts with a colon symbol
- Unable to import NuGet packages Microsoft.Bcl.AsyncInterfaces, System.Threading.Tasks.Extensions cannot be loaded correctly
- Backgrounds of Editor windows are changed to a texture when method ImageConversion.LoadImage is called
- OnApplicationQuit method is called before Application.wantsToQuit event is raised
- Lightmapper is slow when using "Always Refresh"