Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.1
Loading an asset that has an Animator component from an Asset Bundle with LoadAsync throws "Assertion failed" error
The project provided uses "Asset Bundle Browser" tool but it has anything to do with the bug
1) Open the attached project "943438repro"
2) From the menu open Windows -> Asset Bundle Browser
3) Press "Build" to build the Asset Bundle
4) Open "AssetBundleTest.unity" scene
5) Enter play mode
6) On the GUI in the top right corner press "Load Bundle (Async)"
Result: "Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: 'Thread::CurrentThreadIsMainThread()" Error is thrown
Note: this can be reproduced without the "Asset Bundle Browser" tool
When using the "Asset Bundle Browser" tool and the script for loading the asset in the project some minor tweaking might be required depending on the platform it is being tested on
Reproducible on both Mac and Windows
Reproduced on: 2017.3.0a5, 2017.2.0b8
Regression introduced with: 2017.2.0b6
Not reproducible on: 2017.2.0b5 and earlier
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unable to find a corresponding location while using Partial classes/methods when debugging
- Crash in AnimatorOverrideController::GetOriginalClip when using an indexer operator to access an animation clip
- Import errors when converting from Blend to FBX
- [WebGL] In developer build method Mathf.CeilToInt() throws an exception
- [Tilemap] Visualization of the tile is created in another tile when quickly moving cursor after releasing left mouse button