Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X
[Linux][Input System] Joystick Serial Number are not unique between different controllers
1. Download and open the attached project called "InputSerialTest.zip"
2. Connect a gamepad to your system
3. Go to Window -> Analysis -> Input Debugger
4. Double click on the name of the connected gamepad
Expected result: The Serial Number field shows the USB device Serial Number
Actual result: A GUID generated number is displayed instead
Reproducible with: 2018.4.27f1, 2019.4.10f1, 2020.1.5f1, 2020.2.0b2
- Not reproducible on Windows and macOS
- Xbox, PS4, and regular gamepads did not show a Serial Number field at all, but a Nintendo Switch controller did
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] Back Triple Camera is not focusing manually and automatically
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags