Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Linux executable doesn't launch and has incorrect icon.
Linux executable doesn't launch and has incorrect icon
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Change "Target Platform" as a Linux
3. Set architecture as "x86 + x86_64(Universal)"
4. Build project
5. Transfer executable file on Linux machine
Executable doesn't run and shows incorrect icon
2018.3.0a3, 2018.3.0a2, 2018.3.0a1
Working Fine on:
Build made on Windows (10) for Linux
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader Graph and the Visual Effects Graph scroll unreasonably fast on OSX
- [Android 4.4] Player crashes at splash screen when building with Frame Timing Stats enabled in the Player Settings
- VisualElement’s auto width is incorrect when the element’s parent has a set width
- Black and white flickering when using two Full Screen Pass Renderer Features
- [Audio] Microphone API latency and audio distortions appear after recording
Oct 25, 2018 17:03
Why not make PIE an option when building? Not every game is going to care about the extra security.
Oct 11, 2018 15:19
Question: Is this only applicable to the universal binaries, or would it also affect a specific 32-bit or 64-bit build? I ask because I do independent builds for 32 and 64 bit most of the time. Thanks.
Sep 28, 2018 00:50
@pjayb Has the issue been raised with the Gnome community??
Sep 25, 2018 15:47
Unfortunately, this is an issue caused by Nautilus' ("Files") lack of support for position-independent executables, i.e. double-click and icon support is not available for PIE binaries. Running from the command line still works. Unfortunately, fixing this is up to the GNOME community and is out of Unity's control. However, we are considering ways to make this less painful/confusing for our users.