Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
[Linux] Errors regarding unrecognized option '--keep' for gzip when trying to build for WebGL
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project 'webgl_test.zip'
2. Build for WebGL
Expected results: Project gets built
Actual results: Build errors regarding failure running gzip because of an unrecognized option
Reproducible with: 2017.4.30f1, 2018.4.3f1, 2019.1.9f1, 2019.2.0b9, 2019.3.0a5
Reproduces only on CentOS and it cannot run versions past 2019.3.0a5.
Full error info:
Failed running gzip -9 --keep -S ".compressed" "/run/media/pauliusg/Storage/Projects/webgl_test/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Output/Build/webgl_test_build.data.unityweb"
stderr:/usr/bin/gzip: unrecognized option '--keep' Try `gzip --help' for more information.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [URP] Exceeding the platform's supported light limit gives shadow distortion when using Deferred Rendering Path
- URP Sample Buffer Image Tile is moved when the Offset Value is changed
- Static constructor in a struct returns false when running tests with IL2CPP
- Console throws warnings and a MissingReferenceException error for XR packages when doing a clean project import
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Dedicated server crashes when calling Socket.Send
Jun 25, 2020 15:12
Nevermind on the workaround - I found one. I addition to using what I stated previously I had to change my Player Compression (File > Build Settings > Player Settings > Compression Format = Disabled.
Jun 24, 2020 20:59
Is there a workaround for this issue? I used the following in a previous version of Unity but this does not appear to work for me in 2019.4.1f1
BuildPlayerOptions bpo = new BuildPlayerOptions();
bpo.options = BuildOptions.UncompressedAssetBundle;
BuildReport report = BuildPipeline.BuildPlayer(bpo);
Jun 11, 2020 18:09
We are also experiencing this issue in 2019.4.0f1 and upgrading to 2020 is not an option for us.