Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
[Linux Editor] Dragging prefabs to scene results in NullReferenceException and removal of previous prefab in the scene
Steps to reproduce:
1) Create a new project.
2) Create a cube prefab in the Assets folder.
3) Delete the Cube object from scene.
4) Drag the cube prefab into the scene.
- "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" appears.
5) Repeat step 4.
Upon dragging the cube for the second time, the first cube prefab disappears and is replaced by the second one. The exception appears every time the prefab enters scene view.
Entering and exiting play mode allows placing the second prefab successfully, however, it breaks again afterwards.
Did not reproduce:
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on SceneVisibilityState when trying to open a project containing another project in the Assets folder
- Reflection probe bounces don't work when Rendering Path is set to 'Deferred'
- Shader error undeclared identifier "UNITY_TRANSFER_LIGHTING" when building project
- Shader effect with specific view disappears when multiple materials in scene are present
- Crash on ShaderLab::IntShader::CreateLocalKeywordRemap when loading custom shaders on standalone build