Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
[Linux Editor] Dragging prefabs to scene results in NullReferenceException and removal of previous prefab in the scene
Steps to reproduce:
1) Create a new project.
2) Create a cube prefab in the Assets folder.
3) Delete the Cube object from scene.
4) Drag the cube prefab into the scene.
- "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" appears.
5) Repeat step 4.
Upon dragging the cube for the second time, the first cube prefab disappears and is replaced by the second one. The exception appears every time the prefab enters scene view.
Entering and exiting play mode allows placing the second prefab successfully, however, it breaks again afterwards.
Did not reproduce:
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Changing scale of Tree prefab instance (in scene) and then undo/redo changes the source prefab scale and all painted instances
- Material properties are not correctly setup when assigning a ShaderGraph to a newly created material
- [iOS] Device.generation returns "DeviceUnknown" with some devices
- Misleading upgrade prompt when opening Project from Hub with an incremented project version
- Crash on GameObject::ActivateAwakeRecursivelyInternal when enabling a broken Prefab