Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
[Android] APK is built but not installed when you Build and Run with a file name containing a special character
1. Open a new or an existing project
2. Switch the Platform to Android
3. Have an Android device connected
4. Go to Build Settings and press Build And Run
5. Name the file with a special character in its name, e.g. 'test".apk'
Expected result: A warning props us saying that the name is invalid
Actual result: Build succeeds but the APK is not installed on the Android device
Reproducible with: 2018.4.34f1, 2019.4.25f1, 2020.3.6f1, 2021.1.5f1, 2021.2.0a15
- The built APK can still be installed via adb commands
- On Windows, a warning props up not letting you add a special character in the name
- Reproducible on macOS
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- OnActiveBuildTargetChanged is not called when changing the build platform
- Silent crash when scripts are recompiled on a specific project
- [Android] Video freezes when built for Android with specific project
- UI element is not displayed when Canvas Render Mode is set to Screen Space-Overlay
- Editor crashes on libetc_init when changing WebGL Texture Format to "RGB + 1-bit Alpha Compressed ETC2 4 bits"