Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Fixed in 2018.1, 2018.2
License activation fails when running Unity with command line arguments
How to reproduce:
1. Delete C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\LocalLow\Unity\Browser folder
2. Delete C:\ProgramData\Unity\unity_lic.ulf file
3. In Command Prompt: cd C:\Program Files\2018.1\2018.1.0b6_2c4679632cfb\Editor
4. In Command Prompt: start /b /wait Unity.exe -quit -batchmode -serial "I3-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX" -username "YOUR@EMAIL.COM" -password "YOURPASSWORD" -logFile C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Desktop\log
Expected result: Unity activates license
Actual result: Unity fails to activate license
Reproduces with: 2018.1.2f1, 2018.2.0b6
Not reproducible with: 2018.1.0b5
Note: The /b /wait is just so to wait for Unity to run and then exit. Unity license directory: C:\ProgramData\Unity\unity_lic.ulf.
Log file: "Updating license failed Failed to update license within 60 seconds. Exiting. This should not be called in batch mode.
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor/Platform/Windows/EditorUtility.cpp Line: 1151)"
Fixed in: 2018.3.0a1, 2018.2.0b9, 2018.1.5f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on HumanTrait_CUSTOM_GetMuscleDefaultMin when passing an invalid value to HumanTrait.GetMuscleDefaultMin
- New animation clips are not imported correctly when re-importing a fbx file
- [PackMan] Extension in bottom bar disappears when using operations between UI generation and packman extension callbacks
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'