Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
[WebGL][OSX] Java install pop up appears during build process
-e: see title, process continues
--create new project
--build for WebGL
--NOTICE java popup while it is building
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
Jul 02, 2016 13:51
For what it's worth, I find experimentally that you CAN ignore this dialog, and just click OK three times per build. Actually installing Java does not appear to be necessary for the build to complete.
Jul 02, 2016 13:38
Still present in 5.3.4. Of course maybe "fixed in future release" means some more future release than that.
Every other bug system on the planet provides a little more detail, such as WHEN the bug was fixed, so we can get some clue as to which release it might appear in. And maybe even some comments from the engineers like "yeah, you can ignore that pop-up" or "oops, yeah, you need to actually install Java in order to build for WebGL." It's really frustrating how Unity's bug system doesn't provide for any such feedback, leaving us just as much in the dark as we were before finding the existing report.
Jun 16, 2016 12:41
You should check to see if java AND javac is installed properly.
The easiest method is via brew
> brew cask install java
then check your ENV variables for JAVA_HOME:
then logout/login or restart and check if everything works:
java version "1.8.0_92"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_92-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.92-b14, mixed mode)
> which java
> which javac
Hope this helps. :)