Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X
[iOS13][tvOS13] MFI controller left analog stick horizontal axis input is not processed
1. Open users attached project
2. Build for iOS
3. Connect a supported MFI controller to iOS 13+ device (tested with Dualshock 4)
3. Deploy the project to the iOS device using Xcode
4. The Circle in the Game represents your analog sticks
5. Try moving the left and right analog stick of the connected controller one at a time
Contrary to the expected: left analog stick does not process input on the horizontal axis
Reproducible with: 2018.2.22f1, 2019.3.11f1, 2020.1.0a24 -> regression, 2020.1.0b8, 2020.1.0a9
Not reproducible with 2017.4.40f1, 2020.1.0a23
Reproducible with devices:
iPad Pro 12.9 (iOS 13.4.1),
AppleTV (tvOS 13.3.1)
1. Check edits to see what might have caused this
2. This bug has been backported to 2018.4, 2019.3 streams
3. Not possible to test with iOS, tvOS devices that have OS version < 13
May 07, 2021 11:55
No input from the X Axis on the Left Analog Stick using InputSystem.
I've been told not to upgrade until possibly 2022 for production and this is still an issue in 2019.4.25f1 (LTS).
Come on guys, it's a year later.
Jan 19, 2021 19:41
any fixed/workarounds for unity 2018 or unity 2019?
May 18, 2020 23:18
This is a major issue and affects all Apple Arcade titles that are required to support controller.
May 15, 2020 13:32
As this is a very major bug because... A game that doesn't support gamepads is horribly bad for everyone, I have searched and found kind of workarounds and then finally got a functional workaround (I'm hoping). I will send more information here soon.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- GameObject doesn't execute animation the way it's supposed to until any GameObject in the Hierarchy is selected when in the Play Mode
- PropertyField does not properly render its field when changing it back from a valid Asset to "None"
- "ArgumentException: Input Button Enable Debug Button 1 is not set" is thrown when "Enable Debug Button 1" is deleted
- Duplicate invocations when Enabling InputActions during handling an input action
- "Assertion failed on expression" exceptions are thrown when using IJobParallelForTransformExtensions.RunReadOnly
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in 2020.2.0a13