Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.3.X
[iOS] "Couldn't create device API for device" when using Unity Remote with iPhone XR/XS/XS Max and later
1. Create a new project
2. Connect an iOS device to a windows machine
3. Open Unity Remote 5 app on the device
4. In Editor Settings set Device to the connected device
Expected: no errors in the console
Actual: getting errors in the console:
"ApplicationException: Couldn't create device API for device:"
"Could not start remote support for device: ApplicationException: Couldn't create device API for device:"
2017.4.0f1 2017.4.32f1 2018.4.10f1 2019.2.8f1 2019.3.0a12 2020.1.0a7
Device reproduced on:
- iPad Pro 12.9' (3rd gen) iOS 13.0
Device doesn't reproduce on:
- iPhone X iOS 11.3.1
- Doesn't reproduce on macOS
- In 2019.3.0b5 can't select the device as Unity doesn't detect iOS devices after reconnecting devices, reopening Unity Remote and reopening Unity project.
Fixed in 2020.1.0a20
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] Crash on ScriptingGCHandle::Acquire when calling RequestUserAuthorization without using yield for pending authorization
- Particle is not visible in RenderTexture when Renderer's material is set to Default-Particle and Camera's BG Alpha is set 0
- [Physics] Character Joint jumps around when following Kinetic Rigidbody
- [macOS] There is no way to tell if you are running under Rosetta
- [AssetImport] Changing Graphics APIs in Android platform reimports most of the assets (textures, fonts, ...)