Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.3
[iOS] "Couldn't create device API for device" when using Unity Remote with iPhone XR/XS/XS Max and later
1. Create a new project
2. Connect an iOS device to a windows machine
3. Open Unity Remote 5 app on the device
4. In Editor Settings set Device to the connected device
Expected: no errors in the console
Actual: getting errors in the console:
"ApplicationException: Couldn't create device API for device:"
"Could not start remote support for device: ApplicationException: Couldn't create device API for device:"
2017.4.0f1 2017.4.32f1 2018.4.10f1 2019.2.8f1 2019.3.0a12 2020.1.0a7
Device reproduced on:
- iPad Pro 12.9' (3rd gen) iOS 13.0
Device doesn't reproduce on:
- iPhone X iOS 11.3.1
- Doesn't reproduce on macOS
- In 2019.3.0b5 can't select the device as Unity doesn't detect iOS devices after reconnecting devices, reopening Unity Remote and reopening Unity project.
Fixed in 2020.1.0a20
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Changes to instanced detail mesh material don't immediately apply
- Undo.RegisterCreatedObjectUndo dirties the scene, but no actual changes to Scene are made
- [Profiler] Scrubbing through filtered frames or sorting their data replaces the displayed data with duplicated data entries
- Errors are thrown and Sub Emitter is not reparented when trying to reparent Sub Emitters of Prefabs
- [UI Builder] It is possible to add content to parent document while editing child document in place