Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1.X
Fixed in 2017.1.X, 2017.2.X, 2017.3.X
[iOS11] 'API called on a background thread: - [UIApplication delegate] > UnityCurrentOrientation' on launch in an empty project
1. Create a new Unity project.
2. Build and run to iOS device.
3. Check the Xcode console:
Main Thread Checker: UI API called on a background thread: -[UIApplication delegate]
PID: 2204, TID: 2872809, Thread name: (none), Queue name: NSOperationQueue 0x1c4039300 (QOS: UNSPECIFIED), QoS: 0
4 ProductName 0x00000001011f5fbc UnityCurrentOrientation + 60
5 ProductName 0x00000001011e3e14 __UnityCoreMotionStart_block_invoke + 108
6 Foundation 0x00000001855ba310 <redacted> + 16
7 Foundation 0x00000001854fa9e4 <redacted> + 72
18 libdispatch.dylib 0x00000001845821c8 <redacted> + 596
19 libdispatch.dylib 0x0000000184581f10 <redacted> + 120
20 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x000000018481b130 _pthread_wqthread + 1268
21 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x000000018481ac30 start_wqthread + 4
5.6.3p4, 2017.1.2f1, 2017.2.0f2, 2017.3.0b3
iPad Mini 4 iOS 11.0
iPhone 6s iOS 11.0
Not reproducible with:
iPad 5 iOS 10.3.3
iPad Air 2 iOS 9.2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform