Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.2
[iOS] UI::PointInRectangle() tests spend a long time in UnityDisplayManager_GetDisplayDeviceAt
UI::PointInRectangle() takes up a large amount of CPU time when UI elements are touched.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open the attached project.
2) Build for iOS.
3) In the built Xcode project, go to Build Settings > Build Options and set 'Debug Information Format' to 'DWARF with dSYM' file for all targets.
4) Deploy the project to a device.
5) Open Instruments with Time Profiler.
6) Run the build on target device via Instruments.
7) When the app launches, start holding fingers on UI elements on the device.
8) Pause execution in Instruments.
9) Take time sample with times, while the UI elements were used.
10) Expand the entry with largest 'Weight' fully.
Around 30% of total CPU time is spent in UI::PointInRectangle().
This happens with Mono2x and IL2CPP and across all graphics APIs.
2017.1.0b2, 5.6.0f1, 5.5.3p2
iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.3.1
iPad Air 8.1.1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website