Search Issue Tracker
[iOS] Touch input returns position relative to UIView instead of screen space when tapping inside native UIView
1. Download and open the attached "TouchIncorrectPositionExample.zip (65.7 KB)" project
2. Build and deploy the project to iOS
3. In the device, press below the white square
4. Observe the "x" and "y" coordinates
5. Press the bottom corner of the white square
6. Observe the "x" and "y" coordinates
Expected result: The coordinates are relative to the space screen
Actual result: The coordinates are relative to the white square
Reproducible with: 2019.4.32f1, 2020.3.23f1, 2021.1.28f1, 2021.2.4f1, 2022.1.0a15
Reproduced with: iPhone 12 Pro (iOS 14.2.1), iPhone 6S (iOS 13.3.1)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Articulation Body tree changes behavior after attaching a trigger Collider
- Fatal freeze when playing a VFX made with VFX Graph and consisting many effects
- "Failed to download Build.data.br file" error is thrown when building projects for WebGL with the Compression Format set to "Brotli"
- Documentation Link does not work when the "New Panel Settings" question mark is clicked
- Async Scene load operation with allowSceneActivation set to false completes when refocusing the Editor
Resolution Note (2022.1.X):
This is by design, as we pass the touch coords into Unity direct from the UIResponder delegate methods, however you can use UnitySetViewTouchProcessing() in the trampoline to tell Unity to convert these coordinates internally.