Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.5.2
[Mobile] Texture2DArray does not show textures on mobile devices
1. Open project
2. Run project in editor
3. Notice that Plane has some textures
4. Build to iOS device
5. Notice that textures on panel are not showing
Expected behaviour: Plane looks the same on device as in editor.
Actual result: On device Plane has no texture.
Reproduced on Graphical API GLES3 and Metal
Reproduced on versions: Unity 5.4.3p3, 5.5.0p1, 5.6.0b1
Did not reproduce on 5.3.7p2 (did not compile)
Reproduced on devices: iPad Mini 2 iOS 10.1.1, Samsung Galaxy S 6 edge[SM-G925F], Mali-T760MP8 , OS version 6.0.1
The actual issue here is that the user is calling Texture2DArray.Apply() after copying data to it via CopyTexture(). This can't work -- CopyTexture() operates exclusively on data on GPU side, whereas Apply transfers data from CPU-side copy to GPU-side copy and overwrites it. Omitting the Apply() call results in expected behavior. The documentation has been fixed to reflect this requirement.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- In Timeline, audio ease in and ease out broken when assigned an audio source
- [Profiler] [UI] Selected label contains data after cleanup
- Mismatched shadow projection between the Scene and Game views
- Infinite creation of Materials
- [MAC] Console window is showing an error when selecting a GameObject that uses geometry shaders