Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.4, 2020.1
[iOS] Storyboard shows in landscape orientation for a second even though Auto Rotation only allows portrait orientations
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project (test-portrait.zip)
2. Switch to iOS
3. Make sure that 'Orientation' is set to 'Auto Rotation' with only 'Portrait' and 'Portrait Upside Down' as allowed orientations (in Player Settings/Resolution and Presentation)
4. Build the project
5. Run on iOS device while holding it in Landscape orientation
Expected result: Storyboard should be displayed in Portrait or Portrait Upside Down as those are the only allowed orientations
Actual result: Storyboard starts in 'Portrait' mode but rotates to landscape after a while, sometimes keeping even the game view in landscape orientation until the device is rotated to Portrait.
Reproduces with built in launch screen storyboards and custom storyboards.
Reproduced with: 2018.4.26f1, 2019.4.5f1, 2020.2.0a20
Workaround for iOS versions 12 and older: comment out the custom application:supportedInterfaceOrientationsForWindow implementation in UnityAppController.mm file.
Tested and reproduced on:
iPhone 8, iOS 11.0.1
iPhone 6, iOS 12.2
iPad Pro, iOS 12.0
iPhone SE (2nd gen), iOS 13.4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Changes to instanced detail mesh material don't immediately apply
- Undo.RegisterObject or Undo.CreateObject dirties the scene, but no actual changes to Scene are made
- [Profiler] Scrubbing through filtered frames or sorting their data replaces the displayed data with duplicated data entries
- [UI Builder] It is possible to add content to parent document while editing child document in place
- EndChangeCheck is not triggered when clearing the IMGUI search field by pressing the "x" button