Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.4, 2020.1
[iOS] Storyboard shows in landscape orientation for a second even though Auto Rotation only allows portrait orientations
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project (test-portrait.zip)
2. Switch to iOS
3. Make sure that 'Orientation' is set to 'Auto Rotation' with only 'Portrait' and 'Portrait Upside Down' as allowed orientations (in Player Settings/Resolution and Presentation)
4. Build the project
5. Run on iOS device while holding it in Landscape orientation
Expected result: Storyboard should be displayed in Portrait or Portrait Upside Down as those are the only allowed orientations
Actual result: Storyboard starts in 'Portrait' mode but rotates to landscape after a while, sometimes keeping even the game view in landscape orientation until the device is rotated to Portrait.
Reproduces with built in launch screen storyboards and custom storyboards.
Reproduced with: 2018.4.26f1, 2019.4.5f1, 2020.2.0a20
Workaround for iOS versions 12 and older: comment out the custom application:supportedInterfaceOrientationsForWindow implementation in UnityAppController.mm file.
Tested and reproduced on:
iPhone 8, iOS 11.0.1
iPhone 6, iOS 12.2
iPad Pro, iOS 12.0
iPhone SE (2nd gen), iOS 13.4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Terrain inspector is proposing a shader which isn't there
- Warnings are missing when compiling for certain platforms (opengl)
- Scaling problem with PanelSetting set to ScaleWithScreen/Expand
- [Hub] Editor is shown in the "Installing" state indefinitely when the installation fails due to INVALID_DESTINATION error
- IL2CPP: Nested Try-Catch and Throw statement results in incorrect behaviour