Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.2
[iOS] NotificationServices.RegisterForNotifications does not return the device token from Apple Push Service
When using NotificationServices.RegisterForNotifications to receive the device token from Apple Push Service, the value returned by NotificationServices.deviceToken is always 'null'. This happens because UNITY_USES_REMOTE_NOTIFICATIONS is not set to 1 in Preprocessor.h in Xcode project.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open the attached project (NotificationToken.zip).
2) Build the 'Test' scene for iOS.
3) Run on a device via Xcode.
4) When prompted to allow push notifications, press 'OK'.
When the app launches, messages are logged in the Xcode console, saying that the device token was not received; the value of NotificationServices.deviceToken is 'null'. With Unity 5.3 and older, the device token is returned and printed in the console.
Workaround - declare an instance of RemoteNotification class before registering for remote notifications:
var unused = typeof(UnityEngine.iOS.RemoteNotification);
Set UNITY_USES_REMOTE_NOTIFICATIONS to 1 in Preprocessor.h script in Xcode project.
Did not reproduce:
5.3.6p5, 5.3.6p3, 5.2.4f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
Jan 06, 2017 00:40
I'm still seeing this same problem of deviceToken being null on Unity 5.5.0p3. I have tried everything.
UNITY_USES_REMOTE_NOTIFICATIONS is set to 1 in Preprocessor.h but it still doesn't work.
Has anyone gotten this to work on Unity 5.5?
Oct 12, 2016 22:07
Currently the last release of Unity is 5.4.1 and I can reproduce this bug in Unity 5.4.1f1 and 5.4.1p3, how can I get a Unity version that fix this issue?