Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.1
[iOS] Minimizing app during its initialization breaks the sound, error "FMOD failed to initialize the output device" displayed
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open user's attached project
2. Build "Test" scene to iOS platform
3. In Xcode, Build and Run
4. When app starts launching in iOS, instantly click home button
5. Notice that debug console has this error: "FMOD failed to initialize the output device, attempting to initialize the null output."
6. Bring back the app to foreground
Expected results: No error, sound plays
Actual results: Error mentioned in step 5, no sound playing
Reproduced on: 5.4.5p1, 5.5.4p1, 5.6.2f1, 2017.1.0f1, 2017.2.0b1
* Issue reproduces with and without developer mode enabled in build settings
* Opening the app through iOS device instead of Xcode does not reproduce the issue
This bug cannot be completely fixed. FMOD initialization failed when an application is being sent to the background. With this fix, FMOD would be automatically reinitialized after bringing an application back to the foreground. However sounds will not be restarted, unfortunately, this is simply impossible with current FMOD based architecture. Developers should subscribe to the OnAudioConfigurationChanged event to restore sounds manually.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [LWRP] Add to list button gives empty list when trying to add features to the Forward Renderer
- In the Editor terrain is not rendered correctly when "Draw Instanced" on custom shader is enabled
- There is a refresh prompt even when there are no new Cloud projects available when Unity Hub is opened
- EditorSceneManager.sceneOpened and EditorSceneManager.sceneOpening events are not called when the scene is reloaded
- [IL2CPP] Fails to generate generic method struct variant when calling itself and causing ExecutionEngineException