Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
[Memory] 1 MB increase in RuntimeInitialize() memory due to TempBackgroundJobAlloc
1. Open the attached project "EmptyProject";
2. Build the iOS project and open it through XCode;
3. Hold down the play button in XCode and select Profiling;
4. Open the Allocations tool and record.
Expected results: function start->main->RuntimeInitialize() should use the same amount of bytes in all versions.
Actual results: starting from 2017.2, the exact same functions uses 1MB more memory than in the 2017.1.
Reproduced on: 2017.2.0a1, 2017.2.2p3, 2017.3.2f1, 2017.4.1f1, 2018.1.0f1. 2018.2.0b1.
Not reproduced: 2017.1.3p3.
Reproduced on device: Iphone 6 Plus (10.3.2).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor redirects to a broken page when pressing question mark "?" in the Inspector window
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants
- Prefab copies are generated every frame and exceptions are thrown when its dragged into the Scene view
- "IndexOutOfRangeException" errors appear when entering Play Mode if using "AsDeferredJobArray"