Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X
[iOS] Crash on il2cpp::vm::LivenessState::AddProcessObject when using Social.LoadUsers and then changing scenes
1. Open attached project "Case_1270230"
2. Build and deploy the app to a device
3. In the build click the button labeled "Step 1."
4. Click the buttons "Step 2.", "Step 3." and "Step 4." in that order
5. Click the button "Step 5."
6. If the crash does not occur, repeat from the 4th reproduction step
Reproduces on: 2019.4.2f1, 2019.4.13f1, 2020.1.0a5, 2020.1.11f1, 2020.2.0b8
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.28f1, 2019.4.1f1, 2020.1.0a4
Could not test with: 2021.1.0a3 (app crashes upon clicking any of the buttons)
First lines of the stack trace:
* frame #0: 0x0000000102dcd9cc UnityFramework`il2cpp::vm::LivenessState::AddProcessObject(object=0x0000000200000000, state=0x000000010dd136c0) at Liveness.cpp:336:24 [opt]
frame #1: 0x0000000102dcd708 UnityFramework`il2cpp::vm::LivenessState::TraverseGCDescriptor(object=0x00000001078a14e8, state=0x000000010dd136c0) at Liveness.cpp:211:17 [opt]
frame #2: 0x0000000102dcd570 UnityFramework`il2cpp::vm::LivenessState::TraverseObjects(this=0x000000010dd136c0) at Liveness.cpp:148:13 [opt]
frame #3: 0x0000000102dcde50 UnityFramework`il2cpp::vm::Liveness::FromStatics(state=0x000000010dd136c0) at Liveness.cpp:491:25 [opt]
frame #4: 0x0000000102459238 UnityFramework`::GarbageCollectSharedAssets() [inlined] MarkManagedStaticVariableRoots at GarbageCollectSharedAssets.cpp:633:5 [opt]
1. The issue requires Social.LoadUsers() to return at least one user
2. Usually crashes within 10 tries to change the Scene
iPhone 6 (iOS 12.4.8)
iPhone 7 (iOS 12.3.1)
Dec 25, 2020 07:59
Dec 21, 2020 06:19
Thank you for logging, I am getting this on Unity 2019.4.15 and couldn't figure out why
Dec 11, 2020 11:19
This bug actually breaks my game, since I load the users on startup, the game always crashes whenever you try to switch the scene. I hope it's fixed in the next 2019 LTS.
Oct 29, 2020 06:35
It also happens on Android armv7 processor.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in: 2021.1.0a9
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in: 2020.2.0b13
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in 2019.4.19f1