Search Issue Tracker
[iOS] Device SDK reports more memory usage in Xcode than Simulator SDK
1. Open attached project "testcase.zip"
2. Build for iOS "Device SDK"
3. Deploy the Xcode project to the iOS device
4. Observe Memory usage in "Show the Debug Navigator" tab
5. Memory usage is about 1.35gb
6. Build the project to iOS "Simulator SDK"
7. Open the Xcode project and run it on iPhone XS Max
8. Observe the memory usage
9. Memory usage is about 600MB
Expected result: memory usage is similar between the simulator and device SDK
Actual result: memory usage is different between the simulator and device SDK
2017.4.0f1 2017.4.17f1 2018.2.20f1 2018.3.0b5 2018.3.1f1 2019.1.0a12
Devices tested on:
iPhone XS Max iOS 12.0
iPhone 7 Plus iOS 12.0
Tested on iMac MacOS version 10.14 when deployed to a device , it only shows a black screen and barely visible Unity logo, as it stuck on the last frame of the splash screen.
Tested on Metal and OpenGLES3 and OpenGLES2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on HumanTrait_CUSTOM_GetMuscleDefaultMin when passing an invalid value to HumanTrait.GetMuscleDefaultMin
- New animation clips are not imported correctly when re-importing a fbx file
- [PackMan] Extension in bottom bar disappears when using operations between UI generation and packman extension callbacks
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'