Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
[iOS] Crash on DebugStringToFilePostprocessedStacktrace or UpdateTpl() when opening Control Center with particle system active
How to reproduce:
1. Build the "Particles_Crash.zip" project for iOS
2. Build & Run the project to the device via Xcode
3. Move your finger around the screen (particle follows it)
4. Open the Control Center (Drag up from the bottom of the device)
5. Close the Control Center (Drag the menu down)
6. If Unity didn't crash, repeat from step 3.
Actual result: Unity crashes.
Reproducible with: 2017.4.33f1, 2018.4.12f1, 2019.2.10f1, 2019.3.0b8, 2020.1.0a10.
Devices reproducible with:
- iPhone 7 (iOS 12.3.1)
- iPhone 7 Plus (iOS 11.4.1)
Devices not reproducible with:
- iPhone XR (iOS 12.0)
- iPhone X (iOS 13.0)
- iPad Mini 4 (iOS 11.4)
Fixed in 2020.1.0a12.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
Jan 12, 2021 10:43
I seem to have run into exactly this one on a 7th-generation iPad. Would be lovely if the fix was backported to the last LTS because there seems to be no documented workaround.
Oct 09, 2020 10:36
Is this backported to 2018LTS, 2019LTS? Which version?
Apr 25, 2020 19:32
I recall this issue coming about when utilizing my iPhone and witnessing Unity crashing from closing the close center. Glad to see this fix and now this won't be impacting individuals who are using an iPhone to view our website https://www.handymanservicesanchorage.com. We always appreciate the promptness of Unity fixes from this site.