Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X
Player Attempts to Initialize Physics2D Manager when Physics2D Package is not included in build
1. Create a new project.
2. In Package Manager disable Physics2D package and turn off engine stripping in player settings.
3. Build and run on an iOS device.
4. Observe that the player crashes with:
* frame #0: 0x05a806d0 ...`::Initialize() at PhysicsManager2D.cpp:437 [opt]
frame #1: 0x051269bc ...`::CallInitializeTypes() at TypeManager.cpp:136 [opt]
frame #2: 0x0564e564 ...`::InitializeEngineNoGraphics() at SaveAndLoadHelper.cpp:236 [opt]
frame #3: 0x0566acb4 ...`::PlayerInitEngineNoGraphics() at Player.cpp:384 [opt]
frame #4: 0x05e99e04 ...`::UnityInitApplicationNoGraphics() at LibEntryPoint.mm:188 [opt]
frame #5: 0x000ba042 ...`::-[UnityAppController application:didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:](self=0x16eb4f20,
the module is never initialised from Physics2DModuleRegistration.cpp, but we still attempt to initialise PhysicsManager2D.cpp from Physics2DSettings. This does not seem to happen with other builtin packages (like Physics etc.)
2018.2.8f1, 2018.3.0b2, 2019.1.0a1
iPhone 7+ iOS 11.1.1, iPod Touch 6 iOS 10.2.1
Not reproducible with:
Android, Desktop Standalone
Full call stack attached in the edit below
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Graphics Settings RP Asset is changed to None when you press the Escape Key in Object Picker and choose to Continue
- Dedicated Server player crashes on complex HDRP project
- [Mac] Dedicated Server build only decreases Memory usage, CPU time and Build size remain the same as Standalone
- [Linux][Mac] Executing Build And Run with Dedicated Server platform does not open Terminal
- [deprecated] BuildOptions.EnableHeadlessMode needs clearer warning for its conflicts with BuildOptions.subtarget field