Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1
Fixed in 2018.4
Player Attempts to Initialize Physics2D Manager when Physics2D Package is not included in build
1. Create a new project.
2. In Package Manager disable Physics2D package and turn off engine stripping in player settings.
3. Build and run on an iOS device.
4. Observe that the player crashes with:
* frame #0: 0x05a806d0 ...`::Initialize() at PhysicsManager2D.cpp:437 [opt]
frame #1: 0x051269bc ...`::CallInitializeTypes() at TypeManager.cpp:136 [opt]
frame #2: 0x0564e564 ...`::InitializeEngineNoGraphics() at SaveAndLoadHelper.cpp:236 [opt]
frame #3: 0x0566acb4 ...`::PlayerInitEngineNoGraphics() at Player.cpp:384 [opt]
frame #4: 0x05e99e04 ...`::UnityInitApplicationNoGraphics() at LibEntryPoint.mm:188 [opt]
frame #5: 0x000ba042 ...`::-[UnityAppController application:didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:](self=0x16eb4f20,
the module is never initialised from Physics2DModuleRegistration.cpp, but we still attempt to initialise PhysicsManager2D.cpp from Physics2DSettings. This does not seem to happen with other builtin packages (like Physics etc.)
2018.2.8f1, 2018.3.0b2, 2019.1.0a1
iPhone 7+ iOS 11.1.1, iPod Touch 6 iOS 10.2.1
Not reproducible with:
Android, Desktop Standalone
Full call stack attached in the edit below
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Cannot change the font size of Text Mesh to zero when using a non-dynamic font
- "No valid Unity Editor license found. Please contact your adminstrator." error thrown when opening 2019.3.0a12 project
- ping.DestroyPing does not work resulting in increasing ping delay
- The cursor is visible when using CursorLockMode.Locked in the standalone build
- Shadows in Scene view are displayed one level Higher than they are set under the Light Shadow settings in the Inspector window