Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X
[iOS] ARM64 branch out of range (747396072 max is +/-128MB) Xcode error when building development build with script debugging
How to reproduce:
1. Open the 728989.zip project
2. Build the project for iOS with "development build" and "script debugging" enabled
3. Build the exported project via Xcode
Actual result: Xcode build fails with "ARM64 branch out of range (747396072 max is +/-128MB)" error.
Expected result: Xcode build succeeds.
Reproducible with: 2018.4.17f1, 2019.2.20f1, 2019.3.0f6, 2020.1.0a23.
- Script debugging is required to reproduce this issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- VFX Blackboard: Duplicated items numbers misses brackets
- [Android] TouchScreenKeyboard.active triggers an error when set to false in the Player
- [Android] Auto-correct suggestions show up over the "hidden zone" when typing text with TouchScreenKeyboard
- [Android] Clicks on the "hidden zone" remain blocked when TouchScreenKeyboard is active
- [URP][DX12] Black Game View window when URP Dynamic Resolution is enabled
Mar 10, 2023 09:03
Same for me on Unity 2021.3.12f
Fixed, with using build settings from "Fastest" to "Faster (smaller builds)"
Don't know for how long...
Mar 07, 2023 13:46
Same issue with Unity 2021.3.13f1
Dec 11, 2022 18:01
Same with Unity 2021.3.15f1, known version to have no issues: 2021.3.12f1
Nov 07, 2022 09:23
Reproduces for me with Unity 2020.3.33f1 when building in Xcode (on M1 Mac). Was able to fix it after removing parameter "configuration" from the "gym" in Fastfile (it was set to "Debug" during the error).
Feb 15, 2022 21:41
Same problem in version 2021
Sep 29, 2021 07:49
Same here, 2020.3.15f2
May 08, 2021 07:53
still happens on 2020.3.0f1
Apr 13, 2021 11:25
We are having a very similar issue on Unity 2019.4.23, also when building with script debugging enabled. In our case it complains about the ARM branch:
ld: b/bl/blx ARM branch out of range (81306792 max is +/-32MB): from _X509_ALGORS_it.island (0x00E07A3C) to _X509_ALGORS_it (0x05B91EEC) in '_X509_ALGORS_it.island' for architecture armv7
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
Dec 23, 2020 07:13
Same here, 2019.4.8F1
Nov 30, 2020 03:58
We are experiencing this issue still in 2020.1.12f1