Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.3.X, 2020.1.X
[iOS] Application.RequestAdvertisingIdentifierAsync returns empty ID
1. Open user's attached project in "IDFA.zip"
2. Build for iOS
3. Application.RequestAdvertisingIdentifierAsync will be executed and result displayed in the Text field
4. Inspect the Text field in Game
Expected result: IDFA is not empty
Actual result: IDFA is empty
Reproducible with: 2018.4.22f1, 2019.3.13f1, 2020.1.0b8, 2020.1.0a1 -> regression, 2020.2.0a12
Not reproducible with 2020.1.0a26
Could not test with 2019.3.14f1 because of errors in Xcode
VLNQA00310 iPad Pro 12.9 (iOS 13.4.1)
Could not test with:
VLNQA00204 iPhone 5C (13.3.3) could not install Application
Note: this issue has been backported to 2018.4, 2019.3, 2020.1 streams
Sep 29, 2020 04:02
Same happens on 2019.4
Sep 18, 2020 16:42
The issue is still present on 2020.1.2f1
2020.1.0b14 (https://unity3d.com/unity/beta/2020.1.0b14 from July 2020) changelog reads:
"Android: Changed: Application.RequestAdvertisingIdentifierAsync does nothing now"
What does that mean?
Sep 18, 2020 16:06
What version of 2020.1 has this been fixed on? cant find it on any changelog.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in 2020.2.0a12
Resolution Note (fix version 2018.4):
Fixed in: 2018.4.24f1