Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
[iOS][Android] The Default Texture Format changed to low quality
1. Create a New project with one of the No Reproduction versions and import the "Mythic.zip" textures
2. Select the "Mythic-RedBird" Texture and see the default iOS texture settings ("ARGB 16 bit")
3. Drag that texture into the Scene
4. Set the Target Platform to "iOS"
5. See the Quality of the image
6. Open the Project with one of the Reproduction versions
7. Select the "Mythic-RedBird" Texture and see the default iOS texture settings have changed ("RGBA Compressed PVRTC 4 bits")
8. See that the image quality drops significantly
Expected Result: The quality of the image stays the same when the default texture settings are applied
Actual Result: The image quality drops significantly
Reproduced with: 2018.2.0b6, 2018.1.2f1, 2017.4.4f1, 2017.3.2f1, 2017.2.3f1, 2017.2.0a3
Did not reproduce on: 2017.2.0a2, 2017.1.4f1, 5.6.6f2
Issue reproduces in Android as well, but to a lower extent
Sometimes you have to override the texture settings and change them back to default, for the issue to appear/disappear
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- One Input axis does not work after using Input.ResetInputAxes() while both axes are held down
- [UWP] Build fails when the project folder name has non-ascii character.
- [Audio] DSP Buffer Size sets to Best performance when pressing trying to set to default
- [LWRP][VR][Android] Cardboard VR: Extreme incorrect distortion on some Android devices
- [iOS] In the generated XCode project all files which are in a ".plugin" Plug-in file becomes a Folder