Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2.X
Fixed in 2018.3.X, 2019.1.X
[iOS][Android][.NET 4.x][IL2CPP] Program crashes when creating a Thread informing a max Stack Size equal to or greater than 128k
1. Download attached project "ThreadStackSizeCrashTestBed.zip" and open in Unity
2. Open "start" scene
3. Set Scripting Runtime Version to .NET 4.x
4. Set Scripting Backend to IL2CPP
5. Build for iOS or Android
6. Deploy the built project to the device
7. Press "256k" or "128k" button
Expected behavior: Xcode prints these logs:
Printing from a thread!!!!!
Actual behavior: Program crashes
- Could not check on Windows Standalone and macOS Standalone because Build fails
- This issue appears on iOS and Android (IL2CPP)
- Stack Trace is shared in Comments section§
- If you use .NET 3.5 or Mono everything works as expected
- iPhone 7 Plus, iOS: 12.0 - Reproduced
- iPhone X, iOS: 11.3.1 - Reproduced
- Samsung Galaxy S8 - Reproduced
Reproduced on Unity 2017.4.0f1, 2017.4.16f1, 2018.2.18f1, 2018.3.0b12 and 2019.1.0a11
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- deadlock in AssetDatabase_AcceleratorClient_Scheduling.ScheduledRequest_Status_InProgress
- Texture Compression settings on Android and WebGL Platforms are reset to default when building the project using a script
- Camera active Texture is not written if another camera has a Script using "OnRenderImage"
- The Camera's background color is white when the device Appearance is "Light Mode"
- Some GameObjects ignore the Default Parent when creating them in the Hierarchy