Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.2
Invalid path characters in Company or Product name prevents from generating Output_log.txt when running in low integrity mode
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open your file browser at C:\Users\<user>\AppData\LocalLow\ and notice the folder AwesomeCompany shouldn't exist yet
2. Open attached project and load emptyScene.unity
3. Notice the folder "AwesomeCompany/Cities_ Invalid" gets created. (The product name is "Cities: Invalid" yet the ":" is substituted to "_" when opened in Editor, or when starting the Player too)
4. Go to the Build settings and make a build. Call it Windows.exe, make it 64bits and place the destination folder in a Builds subfolder alongside the project folder
5. Open an administrator command line and go to the build folder where Windows.exe is located
6. Change the integrity level of the exe by running "icacls Windows.exe /setintegritylevel l"
7. Run Windows.exe from the file explorer and allow the execution despite the Windows trust warning
8. Notice the output_log.txt which should have been created under "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\LocalLow\AwesomeCompany/Cities_ Invalid" does not exist
Reproduced with: 5.3.6p7, 5.4.2f1, 5.5.0b8
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website