Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Interpolated Verbatim strings with @ before $ doesn't compile when used in other class and referenced in MonoBehaviour class
1. Open user's project "InterpolatedVerbatimStrings.zip"
2. Press play
Expected result: Code compiles successfully and prints out two messages (Interpolated verbatim string with @$, Interpolated verbatim string with $@)
Actual result: Code compilation fails and warning messages get printed out
Reproducible with: 2020.2.2f1, 2021.1.0b2
Couldn't test with: 2018.4, 2019.4, 2020.1 (because C# language version being used is too low for @ before $. It was added in C# 8.0)
As mentioned in the title, if you remove part of the script where @ is before $, the code compiles.
Also if you put the logic to the main MonoBehaviour class it also compiles.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Flickering orbs appear when using RenderTargetHandle
- UsePass for ShaderLabShader is ignored and GameObjects are not rendered when SRPBatcher is enabled
- Animated model translated down when interrupting a transition
- UI Toolkit text splits when changing PanelSettings scale
- Error "NullReferenceException" is thrown when selecting folders from the folder panel or closing the folder panel with EditorUtility.OpenFolderPanel() in use