Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Interpolated Verbatim strings with @ before $ doesn't compile when used in other class and referenced in MonoBehaviour class
1. Open user's project "InterpolatedVerbatimStrings.zip"
2. Press play
Expected result: Code compiles successfully and prints out two messages (Interpolated verbatim string with @$, Interpolated verbatim string with $@)
Actual result: Code compilation fails and warning messages get printed out
Reproducible with: 2020.2.2f1, 2021.1.0b2
Couldn't test with: 2018.4, 2019.4, 2020.1 (because C# language version being used is too low for @ before $. It was added in C# 8.0)
As mentioned in the title, if you remove part of the script where @ is before $, the code compiles.
Also if you put the logic to the main MonoBehaviour class it also compiles.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Atlas remains loaded in memory after scene change or unloading assets
- [Vulkan] Release memory after deleting image
- Referred style sheet stays dirty after saving when using the UIBuilder
- The Height map Amplitude is not working when using HDRP/LayeredLit
- Crash on internalABP::BoxManager::prepareData when entering Play Mode