Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Instantiating a shader causes Player to crash
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached “ShaderCrash.zip” Unity project
2. Open File->Build Settings
3. Add scene “Test” to Build
4. Build and Run
5. Press Play in Player
Reproduced in: 2018.1.0a7, 2017.3.0f2, 2017.2.1f1, 2017.1.2p4, 5.6.4p4, 5.6.0a1
Note: Crashes on Instantiate() function with a Shader object as a parameter. Does not crash in Editor.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor does not recognize button release when first releasing the "LShift" button and then "Numpad2"
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves