Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
Instantiating a shader causes Player to crash
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached “ShaderCrash.zip” Unity project
2. Open File->Build Settings
3. Add scene “Test” to Build
4. Build and Run
5. Press Play in Player
Reproduced in: 2018.1.0a7, 2017.3.0f2, 2017.2.1f1, 2017.1.2p4, 5.6.4p4, 5.6.0a1
Note: Crashes on Instantiate() function with a Shader object as a parameter. Does not crash in Editor.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Awake is called in a different order when IProcessSceneWithReport.OnProcessScene() is called in the Editor and the Build
- LightEvent.AfterShadowMap CommandBuffer events are not being called when race condition occurs
- GUI Items are not found and highlighted when using Highligher.Highlight() method
- Opening a nested Prefab consisting of two prefabs results in a corrupted and broken prefab which becomes a Prefab variant.
- Visual C# Compiler fails to locate assembly if response file compiler argument path contains spaces