Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X
Inspector window fails to update when saving a Script with 'Recompile After Finished Playing' setting applied during Playmode
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open QA-submitted project
2. Open Scene "Sample Scene"
3. Select either of the two objects in the Hierarchy and enter Play mode
4. Edit the 'Derp' script, save, return to Editor.
5. Select any object in the Hierarchy
Expected: Inspector window updates
Actual: Inspector window does not update
Reproduced in: 2018.4.9f1, 2018.4.12f1, 2019.4.9f1, 2020.1.4f1, 2020.2.0a21
Not reproduced in: 2018.4.27f1, 2019.2.0a1, 2019.2.12f1
Note: It's fixed in 2018.2.0a1, but I can't find a duplicate
2017.4 does not seem to have an option to change the Script Changes While Playing
Only reproduces with 'Recompile After Finished Playing' set.
Note, fixed already for 2018.4 here: https://ono.unity3d.com/unity/unity/pull-request/100409/
Unclear if same fix can be applied to later versions.
Sep 01, 2020 10:41
Still happening in 2019.4.8
Feb 28, 2020 15:14
Happening to me in 2018.4.17f1
Nov 07, 2019 09:55
Sometimes, the follicles cease to function completely before the age of 40 and, at other times, they continue to function, but in a defective manner.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in Unity 2020.2.0b3
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
Fixed in 2020.1.7f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in 2019.4.13f1