Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X
Inspector window fails to update when saving a Script with 'Recompile After Finished Playing' setting applied during Playmode
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open QA-submitted project
2. Open Scene "Sample Scene"
3. Select either of the two objects in the Hierarchy and enter Play mode
4. Edit the 'Derp' script, save, return to Editor.
5. Select any object in the Hierarchy
Expected: Inspector window updates
Actual: Inspector window does not update
Reproduced in: 2018.4.9f1, 2018.4.12f1, 2019.4.9f1, 2020.1.4f1, 2020.2.0a21
Not reproduced in: 2018.4.27f1, 2019.2.0a1, 2019.2.12f1
Note: It's fixed in 2018.2.0a1, but I can't find a duplicate
2017.4 does not seem to have an option to change the Script Changes While Playing
Only reproduces with 'Recompile After Finished Playing' set.
Note, fixed already for 2018.4 here: https://ono.unity3d.com/unity/unity/pull-request/100409/
Unclear if same fix can be applied to later versions.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Particle is not visible in RenderTexture when Renderer's material is set to Default-Particle and Camera's BG Alpha is set 0
- [macOS] There is no way to tell if you are running under Rosetta
- [AssetImport] Changing Graphics APIs in Android platform reimports most of the assets (textures, fonts, ...)
- Stack frames are missing from Console window when in Full Stack trace mode
- An error is returned and no package is listed if an invalid package is hosted on a scoped registry