Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.1
Inspector not displaying list of Objects of different types & throws error
When selecting multiple objects of different types in the Project window, the Inspector no longer displays a list of Objects, per type.
-in the Project window, create a new folder and a new material
-select both Objects and look at the Inspector
bug: only "New Folder" object is inspected
... and error is thrown in the console...
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.Editor.DrawHeaderGUI (UnityEditor.Editor editor, System.String header, Single leftMargin) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/Editor.cs:486)
UnityEditor.Editor.DrawHeaderGUI (UnityEditor.Editor editor, System.String header) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/Editor.cs:465)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawSelectionPickerList () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1328)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.OnGUI () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:366)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
expected: 2 Objects listed (see attached image)
Version 2017.1.0b1 (24768443e8a3)
regression from... Version 5.6.0f3 (497a0f351392)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- UI Image Position doesn't updated in Editor IF the object is not active while using PointerEventData eventData
- Linear Color Space cause Icons to become darker in Project Window then Terrain texture is set
- "The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!" warning duplicates during recompile in Play mode with a Canvas selected
- Physics2d Boxcast distance is less than it should be
- RSQRTE(1.0f) on AMD cpu doesn't yeild 1.0f