Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.1
Inspector: MissingReferenceException when applying Model changes
Using an AssetPostProcessor to add a Component to an imported model (fbx), causes Unity to display an error when import settings changes are applied afterwards.
1. Open user provided project
2. Select Assets/Art/Box.fbx
3. Toggle "Optimize Mesh" option (can be any option)
4. Press "Apply" button
Notice that errors are being thrown in the console:
MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'MyScript' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
Reproduced with: 5.3.5f1, 5.4.0f3, 5.5.0b5
Workaround - Unselect/reselect the fbx.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Baking Lightmap erases existing Additional Vertex Streams
- [Timeline] Changing the Emit Signal property of a Signal Emitter does not mark the Timeline as dirty
- Slow editor shutdown when baking with progressive lightmapper
- ShaderGraph ColorMask material on RenderTexture is transparent while in Game View opaque
- [MacOS] Windows that are unattached are hidden behind Editor when the Editor Window is focused