Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1.X
Inspector: MissingReferenceException when applying Model changes
Using an AssetPostProcessor to add a Component to an imported model (fbx), causes Unity to display an error when import settings changes are applied afterwards.
1. Open user provided project
2. Select Assets/Art/Box.fbx
3. Toggle "Optimize Mesh" option (can be any option)
4. Press "Apply" button
Notice that errors are being thrown in the console:
MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'MyScript' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
Reproduced with: 5.3.5f1, 5.4.0f3, 5.5.0b5
Workaround - Unselect/reselect the fbx.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- All models become suddenly stuck in weird poses and Animations are messed up when previewing any character animation in the Editor and looking around in the Scene View
- Files are not included in the “Assembly-CSharp.csproj” file when they are in the Editor folder
- [URP] Specular Color behavior does not match Legacy or HDRP
- [Linux] Array Element doesn't duplicate/delete when clicking "Duplicate/Delete Array Element" on an Array Element in a Prefab GameObject
- [ShaderGraph] Skewed guidelines are drawn from the top left corner of the Node when it is moved