Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1
Inspector: MissingReferenceException when applying Model changes
Using an AssetPostProcessor to add a Component to an imported model (fbx), causes Unity to display an error when import settings changes are applied afterwards.
1. Open user provided project
2. Select Assets/Art/Box.fbx
3. Toggle "Optimize Mesh" option (can be any option)
4. Press "Apply" button
Notice that errors are being thrown in the console:
MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'MyScript' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
Reproduced with: 5.3.5f1, 5.4.0f3, 5.5.0b5
Workaround - Unselect/reselect the fbx.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unsupported texture format errors are thrown when opening Project
- (Unknown) crashes when manually baking Shadowmask
- [SceneViz] Select All shortcut ignores the pickable property of game object
- [PLM] Editor performance degrades over time while baking and moving the scene view camera
- Object flashes in light blue/cyan color when assigning it a new material or changing the material's shader