Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.1
Inspector: MissingReferenceException when applying Model changes
Using an AssetPostProcessor to add a Component to an imported model (fbx), causes Unity to display an error when import settings changes are applied afterwards.
1. Open user provided project
2. Select Assets/Art/Box.fbx
3. Toggle "Optimize Mesh" option (can be any option)
4. Press "Apply" button
Notice that errors are being thrown in the console:
MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'MyScript' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
Reproduced with: 5.3.5f1, 5.4.0f3, 5.5.0b5
Workaround - Unselect/reselect the fbx.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- One Input axis does not work after using Input.ResetInputAxes() while both axes are held down
- [UWP] Build fails when the project folder name has non-ascii character.
- [Audio] DSP Buffer Size sets to Best performance when pressing trying to set to default
- [iOS] In the generated XCode project all files which are in a ".plugin" Plug-in file becomes a Folder
- [Editor][UI] Dpad is not listed in the Binding Path when Action type is Vector2