Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.0b8, 2023.1.0a6
[Inspector] Cannot drag-and-drop to populate an array that is a Public Variable
If you declare an array as a public variable in a monobehaviour, you can then drag and drop a selection of that type into the component in the Inspector, so that you can more easily populate that array.
In 2022.2, that functionality is missing right now.
* download this small project attached
* in the sample scene, select the Main Camera object
* you will find a simple script called populate_me attached to the camera as a component
* drag the 3 audio clips over the component
Expected behaviour - see attached video for CORRECT behaviour.
* in 2022.2.0a8 and earlier versions, you will see the array now populated with the 3 audio clips
* in 2022.2.0a9 that will cause a freeze of the whole Unity Editor - I believe that the issue might have been introduced in 2022.2.0a9
* in 2022.2.0a18 and 2023.1.0a2 nothing happens
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- UI is rendered on the Camera with the UI excluded in the Culling Mask
- [UI Toolkit][Android] Text field becomes multiline during edition in the Player when the Multiline option is disabled in the UI document TexField settings
- BadImageFormatException is being thrown after creating URP or HDRP Template Projects
- Custom fonts aren’t applied to TextMeshPro Text when using <font> tag
- Shader's _CameraDepthTexture is not read when the Camera is rendering to a RenderTexture and has a reduced viewport