Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 1.1.0-pre.5
Found in [Package]
[Input System] When binding gamepad controls, triggerButton gets bound instead of triggerAxis
1. Open project in "BugInputSystemPSControllerBinding.zip"
2. Open "RebindingUISampleScene.unity"
3. Connect Dualshock 4 controller to your computer
4. Enter Play Mode
5. Click on the Input field next to "Move"
6. Press the right trigger on your controller
Expected result: In the input field an icon with a trigger with R on it will appear (representing rightTriggerAxis)
Actual result: In the input field "rightTriggerButton" appears
Reproducible with: 1.1.0-preview.2 (2019.4.16f1, 2020.1.15f1, 2020.2.0b13, 2021.1.0a8)
Could not test with 2018.4.30f1 because the UI breaks (no errors)
Could not test with earlier package versions because of missing definitions for 'Save/LoadBindingoverridesFromJson'
Notes: The issue cannot be tested with other controllers using this project (nothing gets bound)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Assertion failed on expression" exceptions are thrown when using IJobParallelForTransformExtensions.RunReadOnly
- [WebGL] Blit with Custom Shader is not rendered in Player
- Error “TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ’getSupportedExtensions')" is thrown and WebGL builds do not run on ChromeOS devices when using WebGL 1.0 Graphics API
- [HDRP] SUCCEEDED(hr) error is thrown when the project's Shadows Filtering Quality is set to High or Very High
- With specific Windows 10 settings, the player window resolution does not match the values passed into Screen.SetResolution()
Resolution Note (fix version 1.1.0-pre.5):
Fixed by https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/InputSystem/pull/1282
Fixed in Input System 1.1.0-pre.5 (verified using 2020.3.8f1)