Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 1.1.1
Found in [Package]
Input System uGUI Button does not react when clicked
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached project
2. Open scene Scenes/SampleScene
3. Open the Game view and press the Play button
4. Mouse over the "Settings" button and click
Expected result: the button changes appearance on mouse hover, opens a new menu when clicked
Actual result: the button does not react to user input
Reproducible with: 1.1.0-pre.5, 1.1.0-pre.6 (2019.4.30f1, 2020.3.17f1, 2021.1.18f1, 2021.2.0b9, 2022.1.0a6)
Not reproducible with: 1.1.0-preview.3 (2019.4.30f1, 2020.3.17f1, 2021.1.18f1, 2021.2.0b9, 2022.1.0a6)
Aug 26, 2021 16:32
Comes back to a fix that landed in pre.5 which made the behavior in the editor and player consistent such that in both cases, AddComponent<InputSystemUIInputModule>() results in a blank UI input module without any connected actions. AssignDefaultActions() had to be called to put a default set in place.
We are tweaking this behavior for 1.1 final such that if an InputSystemUIInputModule is enabled without any actions, it assigns a default set implicitly.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
- Colors on images become darker when enabling "Vertex Color Always in Gamma Color Space"
Resolution Note (fix version 1.1.1):
Fixed in Input System 1.1.1
InputSystemUIInputModule now creates a default action setup implicitly when added from code.