Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.2.1
[Input System] Mouse click/key press event is not captured when a project is opened using "Open project" option
In a particular scenario, input events are not captured. Opening a project with input events from inside unity using Open project menu, does not capture mouse events.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open any project with mouse click events or key press events in it
2. Play it and stop
3. Now go to File>Open Project and choose the attached project (another project with key press or mouse clicks)
4. Click on "Play"
5. Click on the screen using left mouse or use the WASD keys to move
Note that the event is not captured.
Now close Unity and reopen with this project and click play and now the event would be captured and the debug log "Clicked!!" would be displayed in the console.
Quite likely related to 705555 since the issue only appears after that error dialog has popped up. Observed independently by Harini and Rune.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor crashes when loading RenderDoc with Graphics API set to OpenGLES2 or OpenGLES3
- [Windows] Development Build with no scenes shows a purple screen when using OpenGLES3 graphics API
- Shader variants take too much memory at runtime
- [HDRP][VFX] Output mesh with default shader is incorrectly sorted before the HDRP fog
- Error "'GamepadSpeakerOutputType' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine'" occurs in the Console when building a project