Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 1.2.0
Found in [Package]
Input Package deserializing JSON multiple times when entering/exiting playmode
Using Unity 2022.1.0a7
1. Import this project: https://github.cds.internal.unity3d.com/unity/se.perf.lostcrypt
2. Run the "EnterExitPlayMode Test" and profile (ideally using Superluminal)
3. Notice that UnityEngine.InputSystem.InputManager.AddAvailableDevicesThatAreNowRecognized shows up
4. After digging into it, it appears the same JSON is being parsed twice, looking at HID.cs
It looks like one optimization could be to hash that utf8 string in HID.cs and store the hash, such that if it doesn't change the previous descriptorJSON result could be used, maybe, instead of re-parsing the JSON?
This should help reduce the time it takes to enter playmode when the Input package is installed in a package.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- GameObjects don't interact with other GameObjects when the Cloth component is applied
- CreateAsset does not persist keywords set to a material
- [2D][macOS] Rendering artifacts when dragging .PNG or .JPEG image files to the Scene view
- [Linux][URP] Sprites are flickering in scene when added into 2D URP project
- Link to documentation for PlayableDirector Component is broken