Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 1.2.0
Found in [Package]
Input Package deserializing JSON multiple times when entering/exiting playmode
Using Unity 2022.1.0a7
1. Import this project: https://github.cds.internal.unity3d.com/unity/se.perf.lostcrypt
2. Run the "EnterExitPlayMode Test" and profile (ideally using Superluminal)
3. Notice that UnityEngine.InputSystem.InputManager.AddAvailableDevicesThatAreNowRecognized shows up
4. After digging into it, it appears the same JSON is being parsed twice, looking at HID.cs
It looks like one optimization could be to hash that utf8 string in HID.cs and store the hash, such that if it doesn't change the previous descriptorJSON result could be used, maybe, instead of re-parsing the JSON?
This should help reduce the time it takes to enter playmode when the Input package is installed in a package.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- FP32 is used for a temporary when compiling a shader for GLES or Vulkan
- The highlight that was created with Highlighter.Highlight does not disappear when the window is closed with the element
- [URP] CommandBuffer warnings thrown while debugging Depth Overlays with Post-processing enabled in Rendering Debugger
- hlslcc: float image atomics don’t work
- [Apple silicon][M1] Game view FPS is very low when the view is moved to an external display